Monday, August 27, 2007

All I Want Is You

I didn't think it would feel differently after Matt and I "made it legal" but it does. I couldn't be happier with who I married. When we found out we were having Britain, I felt a twinge of resentment. I thought I really screwed up my redo with another white trash aspect of an already white trash filled life. But looking back, why would I want it any other way? Matt and I lived together, bought a house, had a baby, then we married. It wasn't for any other reason but because we couldn't bear to be without each other. And while others choose to marry before pregnancy (Matt's parents), while pregnant (my mom was in her second trimester with me when my parents married), after they have a baby (or babies) or they choose to never marry at all, it just depends on what is right for the two people it matters to most. And planning this wedding, that is what I had to remind myself. Being married to Matt, this is also what I remind myself. "Do what is best for each other." I wouldn't say I've sacrificed. I would only say I've realized what matters most to the both of us. It's a huge decision when you give yourself to someone else. And if it's truly right, it's not a hard one. You don't lose the best parts about you...they're only magnified to even better proportions. The tiny, little insignificant things that used to bother you are pale in comparison to how lucky you feel to finally have someone you love to wake up next to, love cooking dinner for, love writing emails to, love kissing in the kitchen. I'm finally through with feeling like I'm missing out on something.



I finally have what I've been looking for all along.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Amen to that. Isn't it a great feeling? I'm glad you can experience this too. :D

ron said...

more tammy and matt goodness can be found...... here: http://store.ronshouse.com/g/tammy-matt

Tam said...

That one cheesy picture makes me laugh every time. I look like a child bride.

Gina Ventre said...

Great post and gorgeous pictures!

I know exactly how you feel.

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right, Tam...it does "feel different". Many say that the institution of marriage is just a piece of paper. But, it goes so much deeper than that when you think about your life NOW versus you life 2 weeks ago. The day to day crap may be the same old routine - but when you sit back and think about your life now, it's so much different. You're a lucky girl - no, MATT's a LUCKY guy!!!

Jenson said...

That's awesome. Congrats!

Kristen said...

Ron's pictures are so absolutely beautiful! I was crying at work Ron! Thanks! Also, what the hell song were Ray and I dancing to?

Tam said...

She's like the wind.

Honestly, I wasn't even there at the time. I was *&ing my husband.

HUH?

Actually I was cleaning up the room I got ready in upstairs. But it looked cool.

Christie said...

I smiled to myself the entire time I read this. I have thought the same things about my own life. I'm so glad you found happiness!

Rachel said...

ron did a really good job with the pictures. I guess my "inferior" camera will just cower in shame.

Michael Mahler said...

Aw, how sweet! Thrilled for your happiness and wishing you many years of bliss. You both deserve it! Huggies.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Great post! I'm so happy for you!

Kat said...

Beautiful pics, Tammy!

Sleepynita said...

Awesome, and congrats! We are also doing everything in the "wrong" order, or the same way you did. Live together, buy a home, have a kid..... and maybe someday get hitched. Works for us!

Nice pics, looks like a a hoot of a wedding!

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.