Tuesday, April 10, 2007

You've Lost .2 Pounds

This may sound sexist, but I think women always have weight on their minds. You don't see a scale in the MEN'S WalMart bathroom. (I think it may even tell our future for an additional quarter.) And you don't see many guys asking if "this makes me look fat". If anything, guys are concerned they aren't big enough and buy that crazy weight gain powder. It's so strange. It's genetic.


I have a scale in my bathroom. It stores my info and tracks my weight loss (or currently, my weight gain). I probably get on it two or three times a day. I strip and weigh myself. I pee and weigh myself. I casually lean forward or backwards thinking the pounds will just disappear. The worst part about the scale is that it even has ounces. It can drive a woman crazy.


Then there are all those weird things you hear about weight loss that all seem to contradict themselves.
*Don't eat past 8 pm
*Eat a low fat snack right before bed
*Eat a big breakfast everyday
*Don't eat one big meal...eat 6 small meals throughout the day
*Drink 8 glasses of water
*Stay away from too much water. It bloats you.



I think the shittiest part about me and my body is that I weigh a lot more than you would think. I'm solid. And about 5 years ago, before I started eating better, I used to be 30 pounds heavier. But, now when I lose a few pounds, it's never where I'd really like to lose it. It's hard to lose Man Back. So the scale is really just bullshit.
"Take your shoes off, Brit. They always add a few ounces."

I say all this and eat alright but I don't exercise for shit, so as Anonymous would say, all we Erieites do is complain. Although I did buy a jogging stroller at the end of summer last year and I intend to use it...just as soon as it hits 40 degrees. So, late May.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

do you want to buy an eliptical machine?

Kristen said...

I just don't understand the obsession with weight. And I'm a fatty!

Rachel said...

Well, you know that I can understand this subject very well. Struggling with it myself currently. I'm trying to get to the realization that it's not about numbers but about body composition. I understand that, but parts of my brain can't comprehend that.

If you can understand it, good for you! You're ahead of me. Come to Y with me and Jon sometime. Ron and Monica are going to start coming. Well, Ron was anyway until he busted up his wrist. Join in on the fun. :) <~~That's my best pitch

Anonymous said...

So, is the pink wearing thing her or you? Cuz baby got a LOT of pink.

ron said...

i'm looking for a workout partner myself as well. i usually hit up the eastside y, but occasionally go to the glenwood one to play some racquetball. i've found that relying on myself to push myself to exercise just doesn't work.

Rachel said...

C'mon, ron. Go with us to the Glenwood Y. Then I can make you look like a sissy when I do my triceps. Mwahaha!

Tam said...

The pink is def not me. I only started liking it myself this year. But I do tend to pick out more pinks, purples, or greens than blues because people sometimes ask how old HE is, even with hair bows.

Im not that hardcore about exercise is all. I'd probably go in the pool and then hot tub. It's just kind of boring for me.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.