Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nobody Puts Tammy In A Corner

I wouldn't say I'm a pushover. But then again, I can't really say I'm opinionated either. I guess because I believe people should be how they want to be. I was raised never to judge someone for being different, but to actually embrace the fact that there are differences between myself and someone else.

This brings us to vice number 4: backing down from things that really mean something to me. When someone comes at me with their opinions, I don't exactly know how to respond. Do I respect the fact that they have their opinion? Of course. But they are then pushing their opinion on me, which should be a red flag, and I seem to start understanding where they are coming from and feel like I could possibly relate. Do understand, these are opinions like "I love Debbie Gibson and you should too" and not "Shave your head and wear this sheet".

The real question is, besides extreme opinions, where do I draw the line? When it may compromise my own personal beliefs and morals I guess.

HAHAHAHA: morals.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, this one's going to take a lot of effort on your part in changing the way you think. Just stick to your guns and don't let differing opinions change your point of view. Of course, there are exceptions, but when it's moot things or beliefs/opinions that are really important to you, don't let anyone take that away. Those are yours and what make you you. Altogether separate, they separate you from everyone else on this planet (this makes sense if you don't read into it too much).

Besides, you should embrace hookah smoking because everyone does it, and you want to be cool, don't you? Don't you?!?

Tam said...

hee hee Thanks for the great advice. So you opinion is I should change the way I think? I see.

Pusher!

Rachel said...

Dang! I was hoping you wouldn't catch that! I need to do a better coverup job. ;)

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.