Friday, April 20, 2007

Minutes

Ever since I upped my plan to unlimited minutes 6 months ago, I feel like I'm always on the phone. I don't even really LIKE being on the phone. I'm usually listening to someone else talk...and talk...and talk. I'm guilty of barely ever ignoring calls though and now that the plasma screen on my phone looks as if someone took a baseball bat to it, I can't exactly always utilize my call waiting. So here it comes. Vice number five: talking on the phone when I could be spending quality time with Britain. I'm not sure how good I've been about this the last week. I know I've talked on the phone more than I should have. But I also know I've made a conscious effort to cut conversations short if Matt or someone else is not around to entertain Brit. So, like swearing, I'm working on it.

Plus I don't want my brain tumor to get any bigger.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You know, I'm starting to go bald and my brain cells are frying from my cell phone. Did you see my receding hairline? Killer...

Ron said...

[crotchety old man] I hate those goddamn cell phones.[/crotchety old man]

I hate being on the phone for more than 5 minutes. Usually my converstations are brief and to the point. If I could use code words to make my phone calls under a minute, I'd probably do it!

Tam said...

Your dork is showing.

Kristen said...

Umm...is that Little Mermaid phonr available to adults?

Tam said...

That was straight from Santa, so you'd have to sleep with an elf. She says cool things like "Maybe we can find some treasure" and "Would you like to go exploring". It's also a camera phone.

Rachel said...

We have/had those at work, only they're not half as cool as that one. They're just cheap pieces of crap, of course. What else would you expect from Burlington?

MrsTito said...

We just upgraded from the Disney princess phone to the Cars camera phone. Lightning McQueen is HUGE right now in daycare.

I am on the phone all day at work, so I hate it at home. I like to use the excuse that I can never "find" my phone and that's why I don't answer, but the truth is I just don't want to talk to you.

In all honesty though, living with someone who loves their cell phone is very annoying. Just hang up! I was taught a long time ago that the person in front of you is more important than the person on the other end of the phone line, so...

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.