Friday, April 06, 2007

Drunken Ditherings Unedited

I feel a little guilty about this post because A) I've had four glasses of wine and I'm not seeing this screen very clearly and B) my cousins and I are about to play a mad game of Te4xas (tipsy) Hold Em and I feel a bit rushed. So here's what's been floating around in tmy head tonight.

After this weekend, going out two nights in a row, I started remembering back to when I used to go out all the time, evenduring the week. My old roommate Jeannette and I used to go out Thursdays to karakoke and weekends to the dance clubs (the only two in Erie) religiously. I can't beelieve how mahy times I woke up after only 2 hours of sleep and went ot work. Also, how often last night's mascara was the next day's eye liner and how I'd do it for weeks on end. We went out and bumped into the same group of people. We partied till three at The Rook and thenb ended up tat their house afterwoards. I still don't know how I kept up. it went on for about a year or so of constant partying.

Then I got a weird feeling about the whole thing. I called Jeannette one Wednesday befoer our three days of booze and boys and told her I thought we should cool it for awhiel. I ddnt know why. I didnt untderstand what had come over me. But I knew we really shouldn't be doing it anymore. She told me she had already made plans with a few of our on again/off again drinking buddies and she'd get me to come around the next weekend. But she didn't. And she continued to go out for about a month without me, partying it up, filling me in during the week while I pleaded for her to just take it easy.

About three weeks after that, her pregnancy test came back positive and we both were in every weekend, watching Cheaters on Saturday night. I don't regret going out. I was never one to get with guys or anything. But it was really nice to settle down at that time before things might have got even more out of hand. I wouldn't change a damn thing, but I'm glad I stopped when i did.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed she didn't listen to me, because afterall, she wouldn't have her son, Ryplee. And I would neot be half as close to Jeannette as I am now if we hadn't raised him together the first 4 years of his life.

But damnit if he isn't a hellion and if something ever happens to her I'm stuck with him!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm proud of you, Tam. I'm glad you stuck to your guns and did what you thought was right. :)

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.