Saturday, April 07, 2007

Christmas Easter

What the hell was I thinking when I said yes to my father this morning? He called me up at 10 am when the temperature was a balmy 26 degrees outside (not even taking the wind into account) and asked me if I wanted to take Britain to an Easter egg hunt at Frontier park around 11:30. I look down at my sweatpants and sweatshirt and agreed to meet him there.

I dressed Brit up in the warmest outfit she had and even put gloves on her. I myself put on something half presentable (if you know me, you know I would NEVER walk out of the house with sweatpants on) and grabbed the camera. We trekked over right on time and waited in the freezing cold, the snow numbing our toes, just to collect some tiny plastic eggs. In all seriousness, it was really fun, Brit (ok, I) collected 43 eggs and inside 15 of them was a certificate for a free Dilly Bar from Dairy Queen. SWEET, literally! She was a complete sport about the whole thing and even yelled at Matt when he tried to put her in the car afterwards. "Dare! Dare!", she yelled pointing back to the park. And of course, she ended up on the news. (She knows some people.)
My parents, Britain, Matt and I finished the morning off with hot chocolate and homemade cookies at Romolo's across the street, which was absolutely FILLED with people coming in and out, buying chocolate bunnies and other goodies. While sipping my chai, I grabbed the paper for Matt and what was on the cover but an article on Global Warming. How fitting.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the inside of her mittens have pawprints on them? How cute!
Quit yer grumblin' it may have been cold, but it was from Brit! And were you hunting in a crime scene? Why the caution tape? She was probably so excited about all her little goodies in her eggs!

Tam said...

It was a way to rope off the little kids from the big ones. But I was offered money to spread my legs in that park a few years ago, so it's possible this may have also doubled as a crime scene.

Jillian said...

global warming doesn't just mean hot weather all the time. The warming of the earth's oceans throws off the usual weather patterns and jet streams and it can also mean blizzards in spring and summer.

Rachel said...

What a trooper she is. I would have been whining like a sissy. It was frickin' cold yesterday.

LoL, Tam! I hope it was for a s**t-load of money; otherwise Frontier Park would have been condemned.

Kristen said...

So you're the Dilly Bar Hookup now?

Anonymous said...

How does this child get cuter with every picture? Please post something about her having a temper tantrum or a screaming fit. Anything so she doesn't continue to sound like the most angelic being beamed down from heaven.

Tam said...

Oh man, i should do a video of one of those!

Anonymous said...

She'll probably look cute even when she's throwing a tantrum. All big weepy eyes and sad face. Stop making her cry, Tam!!

MrsTito said...

And to think we held off our egg hunt until after nap so it could "warm" up enough...to 75.

Seriously, though, I love my kid, but yours might be cuter.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.