Wednesday, December 27, 2006

When Will It End?

I cannot believe this is my "vacation". I've had some shit or another to do every day. And it looks like it isn't ending yet. I am exhausted, hopped up on diet coke and candy canes, and have done three dark loads of laundry in the last two days because I keep running out of red tops. How much Christmas can one gal take?

Party number two was Jr's daughter, Kaitlyn. It was her 3rd birthday. This boy knows how to celebrate.



Britain of course has no problem coming up with a new outfit for every party. That santa dress is actually not the same one she wore to the very first Christmas party we were at a few weeks ago. Here she is with Matt's parents and brother Craig on Christmas Eve. It was here I told Craig he was co-best man at the wedding. Apparently, he hadn't been informed??








Here we are finally at home on Christmas morning. Brit was getting the hang of the present thing and after santa brought all of 5 1/2 gifts, she wasn't sure why she was left wanting more.





Here is her "Was I really that bad this year?" face.







This dress was two dollars at Kmart. That sounds like a lie but it's true.














You'll notice from the candy (and my expression) that this party was at my parent's. You might have even noticed Jr's head.








I'm not supposed to tell you that she played with that cell phone in the store which was the main reason we purchased it.








Tam and Jr are thinking "all I got was candy".





This post is all in good fun of course. It wasn't all bad. Matt, my sister Theresa and I hung out with Kris and Ray and saw Jenson at the new bar, The Boardwalk. I had a nice double date with my best friend Kim (next post). And HELLO!? Presents for me! I got all TWO seasons of Dead Like Me on DVD, The Little Mermaid, the new Monopoly, a cool travel crock pot, these neat socks that soften your feet with sea kelp as you wear them???, a potato peeler and some other stuff.

But probably my favorite present was Matt put our engagement on DVD for me to watch. It was Christmas eve, 2004! He had a camera man come with him to tape. There isn't audio and you only see Matt's back for most of it, but there are some great moments caught, like my smile. It's a smile I thought he was only seeing because he didn't tell me about the camera until after. And the "yes". I think I said it 4 or 5 times. And our cold frozen lips kissing under the gazebo downtown, all lit up. I've watched it a few too many times now and it still makes me tear up. Yes, that was my favorite present.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok, a few things - in what world does a three year old need a birthday party? Also, I thought you did your family xmas already - did you have two? You neglected to mention the awesome $10 off at Value City Coupon I got you for xmas. And a well screwdriver, come on man, I went all out.

Rachel said...

Awww. I love the present Matt gave you. That's a good idea. Boy, he was thinkin' ahead of time.

Brit looks so adorable, as always. :)

Ron said...

Oh it's much worse than you think Kristen. Her birthday is on the 23rd of December, so we have like 3-4 consecutive days of unwrapping gifts. I have this to look forward to for many years to come :( Last night she was pissed that there weren't anymore presents to unwrap, but that could have been the cough medicine talking too.

Seriously though, it's not fair to her to skimp on her birthday just because it's near Christmas, or to roll it all in one, so we treat it like a normal brithday.

Oh, and the chocolate that Tam and I got? $5 says that it was something Mom got for free from work. Last year she gave me this novel that someone gave her at work too. But hey, at least we have something new to give Kailtyn when she shits on the pot!

Kristen said...

I'm not saying she doesn't deserve a birthday. As a fellow December birthday celebrator (one whose birthday is the day after her fathers and never got her own celebration) I would never condone skipping her birthday or rolling it into Xmas, but did she really need a party? Not jsut some cake and presents? Was there at least alcohol? That's the only thing that got me to Britain's.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.