Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm Back With My Ex-Girlfriend

A few really great things happened to me this year. One of them was my best friend from high school, Kim, and I got back in contact. We were always really close until life happened after high school and we lost touch. We'd email or call each other once every so often but that too faded. I really did miss her and would often think of her. I'd remember her ability to make up swear words ("fuck ass!") or her love for yellow roses. And Jennifer Aniston always reminded me of Kim, with her adorable nose and her laugh. They both have a great ass too.

The best thing about Kim is that she can always just pick up with me where we left off. I never feel awkward around her or feel like I can't tell her something. She'll always be one of my best friends. If you're another friend of mine, it's hard to compare to her.

We went out Tuesday. It was supposed to be a double date with her new boyfriend Michael but I brought along my kid to dinner. Matt and Michael are very similar so Kim and I spent most of the evening chatting and giggling and tasting each other's drinks while the boys sat quietly, wondering what in the hell they got themselves into. On top of that, Matt was not feeling well (sinus ailment), so he went home after dinner and a drink at the Fox & Hound. On the three of us went to Rack N Roll for some kareoke.

There are a lot of things Kim still is, but after 6 years with an asshole for a husband, (I'm hoping he reads this so I posted that kissing picture just for him) she's lost the confidence she once had about herself, her beauty and her abilities. One strong talent she has is singing, and for some reason she doesn't realize she has it. She only went up once to sing and that was with me. I told her I'd sing the melody which meant she had to sing about 95% of Leave The Pieces by the Wreckers by herself. She did wonderfully, of course and was hit on by many a drunkards. I told her she needs to start some daily affirmations.


One perfect example of Kim and I was when we both had to pee. There are only two stalls in the bathroom at Rack N Roll and thankfully they were both empty. No sooner did we both sit down, some poor girl who was beyond slurring her words kindly but forcefully let us know that we both had to hurry up. We came out at the same time, both our pants still unbuttoned and our worried faces mirroring each other. We both told her, "Go, I'm done." It isn't rare for us to say the same things or finish each other's sentences. Then the trashed girl with the full bladder asked what so many have asked before: "Are you two sisters?" We are definitely linked in some way. We always will be.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I know this is totally off the subject but sometimes I see pictures of you now and you look so grown up to me. Isn't that weird? Happy New Year Hot Stuff! Don't worry, I will so text you while drunk on Sunday night.

Tam said...

Maybe you're kidding or just calling out my wrinkles. But I didn't think a sweater from Dots could make me look older.

Anonymous said...

You look like hot sex to me Tam! If that means you look grown up, okay, but don't worry about a sweater making you look old. That's not possible.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.