Sunday, June 25, 2006

Nice Day For A...

The wedding was really nice. It was like most weddings I attend. I wasn't late but somehow felt like everyone else was there before me. Monica said "I do" without too much hesitation. My sister Theresa kept making "honeymoon night" jokes. My cousin Steve and my brother Steve got trashed. I caught the bouquet. Somebody had hard feelings. Somebody danced with me that was very married. The bride and groom won the 50/50. I had to watch someone I would never/could never kiss totally make out with their new spouse. There were kleenex. There's no way they'd charge you 15 bucks a plate for spaghetti and potatoes anywhere else but a reception. There were shots. There was a dorky DJ. There was love.

But most of all, there were flasks.

Congratulations to my new sister, my little brother and my very adorable niece. We love you all.









My nephew Hunter who didn't understand the meaning of "usher". Most of us sat in the nosebleed section.

Cheap date.
Every male in this photo (besides Matt and my brother) are my cousins. That's why I could take YOU!
Periwinkle is pimp.

"Weren't there more cards than this?"

See those nails? That explains it. I washed the blood off before the picture.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I could comment on how beautiful Monica looks, but really, she always looks good, it's kid of disgusting. I love your dress! And does Michael know I will be forcing him into a suit for your wedding. Come on Michael!

Tam said...

Oh wise wedding planner...good luck with that Michael thing. (For those of you who don't know, Michael is the bearded guy other than Matt).

My dress was 5 whole dollars at Charlotte Russe but I told everyone it was a Lily Pullitzer exclusive.

Tam said...

Sorry, I realized there are a few bearded people throughout.

Michael = My sister Theresa's (cheap date) husband.

Kristen said...

I thought Theresa was the cheap date because it looked like she'd been enjoying the bar a bit too much.

Tam said...

that is what i meant...theresa "cheap date" Ahh forget it

Jillian said...

Sounds like TOO many cousins for one non-inbred family.....hehe

Monica did look fab. Oh and you looked nice; I would have downplayed the hair a little

Rachel said...

I made out with my new spouse on the dance floor too...so what? Although, I know who you were referring to since we were right next to them. Hehe. :)

Beautiful wedding, wasn't it? Oh, and by the way, they discussed not having any of the groomsmen (including Hunter) usher anyone in the afternoon of the wedding. You guys took the nosebleed seats yourselves. LoL.

~Rachel~

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.