Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Viewer Discretion

To the creators, writers, producers and anyone else working on the Fox Television show, HOUSE:

In my opinion, the words "viewer discretion advised" did not fully warn your viewers of what was to come in your episode that aired Tuesday, May 9, 2006. I am especially referring to the the first few scenes where a baby was lying at the bottom of a full bathtub, in which I almost lost my dinner after attempting to gouge out my eyes in trying to erase the aforementioned image from my mind. Flashbacks of Trainspotting went through my head as well. Not only did you scare the shit out of me in the beginning, but you shocked me again when I thought for sure the coast was clear. You showed the same baby being smothered by its own mother, and then proceeded to kill it off at the end of the hour because of the same incident. If ever you feel the need to air such horrific depictions again, may I make a suggestion to include "mothers, women, children, people with a soul, people with eyesight, people who ever saw, smelled, touched, or heard a baby and Tammy Ames" in your warning as well.

Thank you for your time and your sick, twisted talents.

Tammy Ames

(who is a mother, woman, child, has at least half a soul, is possibly legally blind but can still make out a dead baby, and smells, sees, touches and hears her own sweet baby everyday)

13 comments:

Kristen said...

gross. Who watches House anyways, you old lady!

Mr. Bebout said...

I think you are thinking of Doc from the PAX network. House is cutting edge. Not that I watch it though. I can't stand people with limps.

Tam said...

I couldn't find the remote after American Idol. I like House though.

Mr. Bebout said...

Doc stars country music star Billy Ray Cyrus and touches people much like Doc Quin Medicine Woman did. It is just good wholesom drama with no dead babies on screen.

Jillian said...

One of the best episodes!!(guess Im not a sensitive mom--It wasn't MY kid)

Limp or not, House portrays the ultimate asshole doctor. He rips on his patients, co workers, boss and still keeps his job!

Stephanie said...

We also watch "House" religiously but fortunately had a late dinner & were cleaning up the kitchen & kids during last night's ep. I did see that end when they were preparing to do a baby autopsy and I was very, very glad I missed the rest & had the remote.

I would shag House rotten btw.

Tam said...

I wish he didn't have to hide the accent on the show.

Jillian said...

someone school me on trainspotting...

Tam said...

Its too great of a movie to clarify. I think you should watch it.

Mr. Bebout said...

But being eatin gpudding the whole time

Jillian said...

maybe i'll rent it instead of going to your party!;)

Michelle said...

Hey, Jill...can I come over if you rent it? Fox & Hound on a Friday night sounds so stuffy. It'll be difficult to tolerate.

Love "HOUSE". Did not see this episode and I'm thankful. I'm also thankful for spitting Lipton Diet Peach Iced Tea through my nose while reading the end of your blog; I may have finally cleared out my sinuses. See you tonight!

Kristen said...

Ray was cringing last night because they had to put Doc down on Grey's Anatomy last night. A little bit I judged him.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.