Thursday, April 27, 2006

R.E.M.

I've been having the strangest dreams lately. A few weeks back, there was a "horrible" tornado (that was barely a foot high) that killed off most of my town, including Matt and Britain. The strangest part was all I could think about was how I'd have to start all over and find another family.

Then, a few nights later I had a dream I was visiting Kristen and Ray. We were all making dinner in the kitchen and Ray stepped out (to poop or something) and Kristen gives me that "we need to talk" look. "Ray's pregnant!" It was true. Ray got knocked up. And now Kristen was going to be stuck raising it. She sobbed uncontrollably and I didn't know what to say to console her.

Last night, the strange dreams continued. I dreamt that Tom and Katie had a house here in Erie. (Katie's parents are actually from Toledo, Ohio but in my dream they had a house right next to Pat Monahan's family.) So, I showed up for an interview because they needed a nanny. The house was much cozier than I'd expected. And Kat had no idea what she was doing! She tried giving the poor baby the nipple upside down and asked me for help changing its diaper. I didn't even wait for them to hire me. I just started working for them out of sheer pity. Leave it to me to not even negotiate my salary first!

5 comments:

ron said...

haha! that's funny. my boss told me he had a dream the other night that me and the HR lady here at work were pulling out the hairs on the back of his legs one by one. i was freaked out that he even knew about my hair pulling hobby/fetish. :)

Tam said...

I have a dream analogy book at home. I will look up leg hair and coworkers.

Rachel said...

I'm guessing, Ron, that means you're, like, superhero-gay, as Dane Cook would say. ;)

Wow, Tam, I haven't even been having that many weird dreams lately. Of course, I've cut down on smoking crack. That could have something to do with it... ;)

~Rachel~

Tam said...

Thats the wrong Ron, Rach. I mistake him for my brother all the time...sometimes after I already have him in a death grip 'cause Mom loves him more.

Tam said...

Hmm I noticed you didn't give any details.

Naughty!

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.