Saturday, March 11, 2006

Wine Wedding

IF ONLY I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THERE WERE SUCH CHOICE SELECTIONS FOR THE EXPECTING BRIDE.


I wouldn't say that Matt and I regret having Britain before we were married, but we certainly will both feel so much better once we are. Tomorrow, we are going to check out our first possible wedding site. Its a local winery. Ever since I first visited, I thought it would be the perfect place to get married. Although I love the scenery, I won't sacrifice our bank account. We will certainly walk away if the pricing is outlandish, which, already in the back of my mind, I think it will be.

I've always wanted a Fall wedding, but its looking more like late Summer, 2007. Matt's brothers will be the co-best men and they both have hectic schedules in the Fall due to college football season. Also, I'm fond of the number 3 for Matt and I and the only months with the third falling on a weekend are June and November...too hot and too cold. But August third, although a Friday, sounds juuuuuust right. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome. :) The weather had better be just right or the can of whoopass will be unleashed that day in your honor.

I hope that winery place isn't too expensive. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

~Rachel~

Stephanie said...

FYI: Aug 3 falls between Hawk & Z's birthdays and from having parties & such I can tell you it's bloody hot that time of year (mid-summer and all). If you don't mind the formal wear + the heat, it would be good. It was around 90 or so last year.

We got married Sept 19, which really is late summer, and the temps were in the low 70s. Very pleasant.

I had originally wanted to get married in May but I'd forgotten how horribly cold it still is here in May. People reminded me & I was like, "Oh yeah." I'm glad we picked September.

My verification word is "bundtz." As in "Tam and and Matt served a lovely bundtz at their wedding."

Christie said...

Please post something new. That lady creeps me out.

Tam said...

She kind of reminds me of the Candy Man, but female.

I will post about the winery soon. I just haven't sat my ass down and done it.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.