Thursday, March 16, 2006

Let It Begin And End









First, let me just say that the first time I ever laid eyes on this winery, I thought of having my reception there. Going in, I couldn't help but have high hopes. And after this weekend, I think we began and ended our search in just one day. It not only was in our price range, but there were tons of perks along with it...They are letting us bring in all the alcohol we want besides wine...THREE entrees for the buffet...Sure they'll give us a bartender, but they'll have to charge us a fee costing a little less than what we paid for our meal at Wendy's last week...Free wine tasting beforehand...They just happen to be overhauling the entire place to which it will look even MORE fabulous next summer...But maybe the best part: not only can we have the reception there, but we also can be wed in the back among the grapevines.

My sister Theresa suggested that "3" doesn't HAVE to be the date. It could be other aspects like making the wedding at 3PM! I love that idea. She's also a genius when it comes to style and color and what looks "just right". And with my other sister, Michelle, on board for all the flower arrangements and centerpieces, its sure to be even more beautiful and just what I always envisioned. (You've seen her pumpkins). We talked about alternate dates later in the summer, because of Eden's tip on how hot early August really is, that witch! And I can sort of have that Fall wedding I've always wanted. Considering they only had four wedding/affairs for THIS year booked, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to squeeze us in next summer. I'm not sure why more people don't know about this place.

I was so excited, I wrote my vows last night. I was trying to get through them today, reciting them to Britain and trying not to tear up. Unless you don't have a soul, there will not be a dry eye in the winery.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that 3 pm idea! It frees you up date wise so much!

Rachel said...

You've got some great ideas going on.

...but when you read your vows to Brit, did she tear up? ;) If she started bawling, that would be classic.

~Rachel!

Mr. Bebout said...

I think the whole thing sounds good. I don't understand the three thing at all, but as long as you're happy...
What would be the coolest is if you got married while smashing grapes with your feet and then instead of a kiss you guys plunge a glass into the freshly crushed grapes and drink to your long life with the new foot juice. AWSOME!!

Stephanie said...

Now *this* sounds like you! I'm glad you reconsidered August. The calendar doesn't always jive with the weather. Early fall? Perfect!

HCG said...

Wow, this all sounds wonderful. I'm glad that your dream is coming true. Every girl deserves their dream wedding!

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.