Wednesday, October 03, 2007

When I Grow Up

Alright. I can't help it, but some of the fill ins just don't really apply to me or I've already talked about them. My four favorite colors, I feel, was already covered with the explanation of pink so I decided to make up a new one (again).

Four Other Professions I Could Have Worked In

I'm not one for regrets, but if I was to have gone to college straight out of high school, I think I could have majored in a few different areas.

Child Psychology

I've always found Psychology interesting. The way human beings, on a whole, act or feel or fuck up always amazed me. It seems like my friends are always coming to me with their problems. I don't think I give them advice more than I let them talk out their issue with something until they can wrap their head around it. And I can keep a lot of secrets. But as far as being a psychologist, there are too many crazy people in this world, so I would incorporate my love for children into this profession and just focus on helping kids. The drawback to this job would probably be the really crazy children that I couldn't help, no matter how hard I tried. And the fact that they may find out where I live.

School Nurse

I'm pretty good at knowing when the girls are faking their illnesses, so I'd be great at this. Plus, my school nurse was awesome. She always made you feel great and let you sleep through social studies, but let you go back for lunch. Obviously we know what drawback this job carries...VOMIT.

Singer/Songwriter

I'm not the best voice out there, but I think with a little training, I could have really made money with my singing voice. And I like to make up poems and short little jingles. I could see myself in another life like a John Mayer, as in I'd dress up as a random mascot and fool my fans in the parking lot. I think the one huge drawback would be fame. I've puked in too many garbage cans on State St. and would prefer not to see that in US magazine. Plus, I'm a bit chunky and they'd call out my chub and rumor me to be constantly 3 months pregnant.
Voice Over

I am a pretty good mimic when it comes to sound and I can do a damn good kid's voice so I think I would have been great in commercials or providing voices for cartoon characters. And it wouldn't be that tight throat thing some actors do that drives me up a wall. (Jimmy Neutron, I'm talking to you.) The biggest drawback to this job would be how many takes I would have to go through just to say "corduroy" or "Cellular One".

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I feel like I could do voice over to, to an extent. I don't do dialects or accents very well, but I have a very pleasant phne voice. I could be the new movie trailer guy. Lets start a company!

Rachel said...

Dude, you and I should pursue the voice over thing. If we get your Sloth impression and my Gollum one, we'll be in business.

Jenson said...

Hey there-- this isn't the correct post for me to comment on but I was wondering if you would like to do a write up on your church, reception, and overall wedding experiences for my Wedding website on Erie Blogs. It would be excellent if we could upload some pictures too. Let me know what you think...

Michelle said...

LMAO @ "church"

Michelle said...

So, Tam...are you trying to say that people actually stalk their psychiatrists/psychologists/therapists? What are you trying to say here? Huh?!

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.