Thursday, July 26, 2007

SHOWERPALOOZA 1 Of 3

Some B2Bs get a shower from her bridesmaids. Some B2Bs get a shower from her side of the family. Some are even lucky enough to get a shower thrown for them from the groom's side of the family. This B2B got all of the above.

The first shower the girls threw for me and it was a couple's shower, unless you were my cousin Steve or my friends Kim, Jillian and Jeannette. It was in my boss' backyard. This was a plus in many ways. Work is like my second home so I was completely comfortable and even had extra shoes and a sweater (as I do at work). It was also a plus because I didn't have to go home after a Friday at work and get ready and then rush off to some other place for the shower that started at 7. I just started getting ready at work around 4 and there were 5 little chicks to watch Britain while I did. It was a great time with about 45 people that showed up and I can't begin to tell you how many of them brought the most generous presents. More importantly, people cancelled plans, drove many miles and dumped their kids off on semi-satisfactory babysitters just to be at the shower. The food was amazing (filet mignon, goat cheese dip with roasted vegetables, Tositos) and the weather was perfect. It was a great kick off for SHOWERPALOOZA, 2007.

My mom.

Big Daddy.


My sister Theresa and my father.

My best friends from High School: Jeannette, Jillian, Kimberly and Shelly. Missing in action are Mary and Kim.



Em, sipping one back.






My bridesmaids, my flowergirl and I.














All the Chase Men: Father of the Groom, Glynn. Co-Best Men, Brad and Craig and the Groom, Matt.









My MOH, Payton and my bridesmaid, Emily.








My boss, Mary and my other boss Erin (in blue), aka, the girl's mothers.

My brother, JR and his wife, Monica.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time ~ and may I add that you look absolutely fabulous Tammy. You are going to be a gorgeous bride.....congrats again!

Rachel said...

"Hey, who gets three showers?" ;)

I'm glad you had a lot of fun. Yay for lots of presents and fun people. The wedding will be even better. :)

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.