Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stupid Second Shift


If Matt were here, my couch wouldn't be nearly that huge.

If Matt were here, I would have had help in picking out his deodorant. Gel or solid? Glacier Freeze or Aqua Blast? And he probably would have paid for everything instead of me forking over $85, and all I went in there for, besides deodorant, was toothpaste and allergy medicine.

If Matt were here, I wouldn't have had to get the groceries out of the car in the crazy April snowstorm because he usually has every bag in before I can even get Britain's coat off.

If Matt were here, I could text someone on HIS phone since my phone is all cracked to hell to the point where I don't even know who called me.

If Matt were here, we would have watched Clive Barker's The Plague together because we are the only ones we know who like those cheesy Sci Fi "Atomic Twister" type movies...so much that we put ATOMIC in front of any Sci Fi movie. Try it. Atomic Ants. Atomic Radar Men From The Moon. Atomic Attack Of The Giant Leeches. See.

If Matt were here, I'd have someone to make a sundae for.

If Matt were here, I'd be in my pajamas by now all sleepy and cuddled and wrapped in his arms because he doesn't like all these lights on and prefers to watch sport highlights which bores me yet comforts me at the same time.

If Matt were here, I wouldn't have to get my own ibuprofen and water.

If Matt were here, he'd make me laugh and not because his joke was necessarily funny, but because he tried to make a funny joke.

And by Matt, I mean the guy I'm going to spend the rest of my life with because I've never felt anything like I feel when he's around.

4 comments:

Ron said...

There's always the mailman.

Tam said...

We have a mailchick. So yeah, I guess.

Rachel said...

Yeah, but the mailman won't own up to a paternity test.

Tam & Matt=Rachel & Jon
:D

Unknown said...

I can relate. I hate that my Matt works 2nd shift. When I'm getting up at 6am for work, he's still got five good hours of sleep yet.

And when he's barely at work for two hours, I come home from work and sulk because he's not around to hang out with.

Boo.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.