Monday, January 01, 2007

Aunt Edna Died Because She Hated Oranges

What's the deal with pork and sourkraut? Why is it good luck to eat it on the first day of the year? It STINKS!

Payton, the oldest I nanny, told me today that eating oranges is also good luck. I told her I think adults just come up with this stuff so we'll all eat our food.

"You know how Aunt Edna's house burnt down last year? Well, she didn't drink her orange juice."

Britain, Matt and I all went to his side for a New Year's Eve celebration. I can't believe she stayed awake until the ball dropped. But she did. Of course, at 12:02 she was out like a light.

A special thanks to the Cleveland Crew for calling to remind me just how sober I was at 12:28 am. Really, thank you. It was sweet and I felt a little loved.

Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Tam said...

P.S. I didn't take that picture. The drunkest one in the room did. But she's still adorable. Notice we are stripped down to our minimums because it was so F-ing hot in there.

Jenson said...

I think my comment evaporated.

Different parts of the country have different traditions. In the South, ours was Ham and Black Eyed Peas. Now, Blacked Eyed Peas aren't the best and are probably hard to fine here, they are probably better than sourkraut.

Jillian said...

thats okay I've never felt offended every time you guys have taken off your clothes at our events, I just thought it was part of your culture....

ron said...

tam you can come to my house and take your clothes off anytime.. i won't be offended.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! I didn't take my clothes off at MDB/GLV's party, but if I had stayed about 10 minutes more, I might have. Wish you were there!

MrsTito said...

Jeremy says its a way to ROOT in the New Year. So, I always eat one piece of sausage and one sliver of saurkraut because I can't stand either.

Kristen said...

I was sorry I didn't get to eat pork and sour kraut for dinner yesterday, mainly because I neglected to buy some. I made cheeseburgers with salad and oven fries instead. It still felt like a lucky dinner - lucky for those of us eating its awesomness.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Kristen? Well, I had leftover pasta casserole and orange juice. HAH! So there!

Stacy Cane said...

I had blackeyed pea dip at the party, with pita chips. Did we call you? I was much too ____ to remember...I might have yelled/cheered at a phone? Prolly. I'm glad we called you though, even if you couldn't be with us in person.

So, happy new year, Tam! Let the summer of 2007 be remembered as one for happy marriages that last!

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.