Thursday, June 08, 2006

This Sounds Like An Email

Hey friends (and people I don't know that are reading my blog, and enemies that are reading my blog just to laugh when something tragic happens to me),

This week has been crazy. I took Britain in Monday to check her urine. "This House Is Cleeeahhrr". She's all better. The demon has left her soul. I wasn't really worried about the fever so much as WHY she had the fever. Her urinary tract infections can lead to kidney infections rather quickly, so it wasn't just a regular fever. Normally, I don't even reach for the Tylenol/Ibu unless her temp is at least 101. I'm not so much for the medicine. I think I've personally been to the doctor twice (once for an STD scare and the other because I "accidentally" swallowed some antifreeze). SDC Unfortunately, after her appointment on the way down the steps to the car, I stepped on my ankle wrong and fell (only one step left). It wasn't so much my ankle but the muscles in my foot from my toes to my ankle. I honestly wasn't sure if I would ever walk again because for a good 3 minutes, I had no feeling whatsoever in my foot. Thankfully I didn't drop Britain but the diaper bag contents went EVERYWHERE. Also it was convenient for me that the office was entirely empty. When I finally got feeling back, I hobbled to the car and was thankful that it wasn't my driving foot. Day 4 and it still hurts a little, but no major damage.

Well, here comes my little brother's wedding on the 24th. I still can picture him in his Transformers costume on Halloween with his squeaky voice telling me I stole some of his candy. Now he'll be a married man, a step-father, and he and his bride-to-be Monica are planning to start trying for their own new little one (in the limo?). On top of all that, they closed on their house Friday. So not only are they worrying about groomsmen's gifts and seating arrangements, they are also knee high in grout and drywall. And the last I heard, they were intending on moving next weekend! That is a WEEK before their wedding. (Pictures of Monica and their daughter Kaitlyn to come later, when I'm not at work.) UPDATE: Blogger is uncooperative when it comes to pictures, editing or anything else that would make a post more attractive.

So with a wedding comes a diet. I'm back on my high fiber, much water, low fat, no exercise diet. I've lost a few pounds so far but the baby belly, I'm aware, will never leave. Have you ever looked at yourself naked? Sometimes I feel bad for Matt...not only because he went from his mother's cooking to mine, but because I HAVE looked at myself in the mirror naked. And what happened to my butt?

4 comments:

Ron said...

You also would steal the goddamn pudding cup from Dad's lunchbox, after telling me (lies!) that Dad told you it was yours. But I digress.

Knee deep in drywall and grout? More like drywall, grout, and a few hundred pounds of plaster and wood! We're almost finished with the house stuff though! Sunday was the Demo Crew day, where we tore down the closet and the wall in the master bedroom (it's now 17x10 instead of 14x10). We also painted the two bedrooms

Monday we took up all the carpet and carpet strips, and put up the drywall where the plaster wall used to be.

Tuesday we cut holes in the ceiling for the ceiling fans and the recessed lights in the master bedroom, and cut holes for the wall light switches. We broke 3 bits on the rotary saw because there's this metal mesh in the ceiling between the two layers of plaster. Mike's gonna get some kind of stronger bit that will cut through that crap.

Today we've got 6 extra people coming over to lay down the flooring and wire up the lights and put them in. I think they're going to do the tile downstairs and the bathroom too. Either today or tomorrow we're also adding a special touch to the master bedroom, which is a surprise for Monica. If you want to know give me a call, but she's not allowed up there until Mike and I are finished :)

P.S. We didn't get a limo for the wedding. We're going to start trying in the bathroom of the reception hall so we can give our new child an awesome story of their conception, hopefully leading to emotional damage. Yipee!

Tam said...

Is the surprise a mirrored ceiliing? A second kitchen for the upstairs so she can cook on either floor for you? "Go make me a chicken pot pie, Bitch!"

Tam said...

I know what you mean by the "mom ass", Sharon...all droopy and just, I'm not sure how to describe it, unfamiliar. Although pregnancy has taken a toll on my body, she was worth it...and one other reason why she'll be the only one. I'm getting on Mirena birth control in a few months!

Although, I do have to say that you've NEVER taken a bad picture.

Stephanie said...

"What happened to my butt?"

I have it. And my own as well.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.