Monday, April 10, 2006

Poetic Waxing

Saturday morning, I couldn't sleep. I guess I was too excited? I awoke at 6am, layed in bed, just thinking about all the shit I had to drag to Cleveland that morning. I wanted to miss the usual Saturday afternoon traffic and made a goal to leave by 8. I hopped in the car, bagel in mouth, and was on the road by 7:15.

I called Kristen on the way. We chatted about who had more horrible drivers, Ohio or PA? We spoke a little about Ray's new news. And we got into the conversation about child rearing do's and do not's before entering a bad service area. I made it there in record time and was able to take Kristen to her 8:45 hair and eyebrow wax.

"You realize this will probably take more than an hour?" Kristen said this as we are pulling up to the place and there really wasn't a way out. I "dropped" her off and walked up the street for some morning brew (coffee-like drink for her, chai for me). It was so damn cold I'm glad I didn't ask for a cup carrier because the drinks were the only thing keeping me warm. I returned and the hairstylist looked at me strange when I walked up to Kristen to give her the cup.

"I'm Kristen's assistant." When she wanted to know my ACTUAL name, I jokingly told her "You're only supposed to call me 'the assistant'", and I sat down with my tail between my legs. It was extra funny to me because in my humble opinion, the hairdresser didn't seem too witty and didn't even really get the joke.

An hour later, I decided I wanted an eyebrow wax as well. It was my first time and thankfully she was gentle. It was 2 1/2 hours total when we were finally done. After we tipped and left, I asked Kristen if it was normal for the waxer to be so close when waxing and plucking. Kristen, too, had the same experience that morning and admitted she wasn't sure if the waxer just wanted to wax or also make out. All in all, it was a great start to a wonderful, stress free Saturday.

More to come about our trip to the bar Saturday night. Blogger has been unbelievably cooperative when it comes to uploading pictures (Sarcasm Doesn't Convey).

10 comments:

Jillian said...

Kristen was getting her hair AND eyebrows waxed???

Tam said...

hehehe She wears a wig. And the little hairs underneath were irritating her.

Jillian said...

All I can say is ouch, poor girl. Anyway I fixed it! You are a freaking genius!!!!!(sarcasm doesn't convey)

Tam said...

Well, i DID go to Seneca, and not even graduate.

I just realized we are both walking cliches, considering your state at graduation.

Jillian said...

.....so anyway, did you have fun Saturday? (must change subject NOW)

Kristen said...

You forgot to mention when my hair dresser (who is sweet but not very bright) thought I might have a beard (I could get that waxed too!)

Tam said...

I wonder what other waxes they have...

Jillian said...

don't forget about the BRAZILIAN

ron said...

man, that would of been hott to see your waxer make out with you guys while waxing. has the makings for a great beginning to an adult movie :)

Tam said...

"Now this is gonna sting a little"

Yes, it would be quite dirty indeed. But that would have meant I got sloppy seconds. WTH?

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.