Monday, April 10, 2006

Gina And A Bottle

Kristen and I started getting ready to go out around 7. I crafted my hairstyle after watching A Super Sweet Sixteen Marathon on MTV that afternoon. And Kristen DID NOT opt for the two bun! We made Ray our Cinderella and do little things for us like fetching bobby pins and cleaning the bathroom when we were through. We were all ready to go on time. Kristen and I planned on meeting Gina at 9:30 Saturday night at this gay bar, which in actuality, it was a mini-bar, a major bar and a tiny room where they sold candles and sour patch kids (because people are bringing their children?). And they are open until 3 am. We followed our gaydar and had no problems finding the place, although not so much luck finding parking.

Some of you may ask, "Tam why do you always go to gay bars when you go out?" Actually, I don't: only when I'm out with Kristen. But there are lots of advantages to going to a gay bar. There are a lot less rules. There isn't some drunk dude rubbing his junk all up in your trunk, in which I have to start throwing ice from my drink at him. (Dave, I know you can appreciate THAT one.) There is usually a really great surprise or unbelievable thing that happens before the night is over. But most importantly, I always have more fun hanging out with homosexuals. They are good people, extremely accepting, and will tell me if my bag doesn't go with my shoes.

So we get there and Gina is waiting. She is even more adorable in person. And she has this slight underbite thing I've always loved. (I lack in the jaw/chin department and if ever I was to go under the knife, it would be for chin implants). I felt comfortable with her right away, especially since the third word she ever said to me was "fucking".

We started drinking in the mini-bar because the major bar hadn't opened yet. When you ask for shots at this place, apparently they think you mean half the bottle, but no matter! We knew we might want to slow it down when Jay Leno's bit on a talking camera machine came on the video screens and we all almost fell out of our chairs. Finally, the main bar opened up (thanks for covering my cover, Gina!) and we picked a booth way up top. We knew there would be a drag show a little later and wanted a comfy seat. I originally hadn't brought my camera in, but I decided to go get it after all the drinking and whatnot. Here are some "already toasty" shots:

Finally, the drag show started. I decided not to post a lot of the pictures I took, mainly because the girls I nanny sometimes frequent this site and although they can't read most of the text, they can certainly see pictures and wouldn't understand what a naked drag queen was. Let's just say, we got a lot for our 3 dollar cover.

After the show, the stage opened up and everyone started dancing. It was a great time, although we are officially old because we left by 12:30.

When I we got back, Kristen made me eggs and toast and I called Matt and told him I missed him and I loved him and blagvh esdfh soo much. I went to sleep with the Super Sweet Sixteen theme song dancing in my head.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Ummm...we left at 1:30 thank you very much. We are totally not old yet!

Tam said...

Then we took a taxi...bitch I don't remember! I thought you said it was 1230? I don't know.

Gina Ventre said...

It was 1:26 by Kristen's cell phone, bitch. We drank the free water like the grandmas we are and then I proceeded to get lost on the way back to the highway. The fucking street was closed for no reason!

Damn, we look sex-ay.

Jillian said...

Tam
I loved going to gay bars with you back when we were YOUNG. Remember the Village? the bartender was my neighbor and all the guys were coming up and saying how great my pleather pants looked:)

Tam said...

Those were the days. But Kristen's right (on her blog). I've never seen a gay strip tease like the one in Cleveland. Erie's so far behind.

Gina Ventre said...

your blog is eating my comments!

anywho, i couldn't decide whether the first performer was a guy or girl. I'm going with female.

Tam said...

Wait? You remember the first performance? What did she/he look like? Kristen has all the pictures.

Gina Ventre said...

frilly blue outfit - maybe boy shorts and (short lived) bra? Short dark hair.

Mr. Bebout said...

What do I know about dirty dancing?

Jillian said...

I don't know about that, in high school I was a girl who dressed in drag. I was a girl who dressed as a man trying to be a girl. That is fucked up.

Kristen said...

All performers except the person in the suit and the last blonde stripper were born men. Some of them had begun to change using drugs and some had completed the change. Ther person Gina is referring to had begun using drugs but I believe had not completed their transition.

Rachel said...

Wow...so many technicalities of transexualism...if that's even a word. If not, then, well...it is now.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.