Saturday, November 26, 2005

What The Hell Are Boughs Of Holly, Anyway?

This has been such a crazy holiday season so far. Although Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving the second Monday in October, we crazy ass Americans decide to wait until a month before Christmas, trying to jam the two busiest holidays of the year into a short time period of about 4 weeks.

By the way, Brit says Happy Turkey Day:

She's a "little turkey".

So, after you're all stuffed with turkey, stuffing and a pound of lard, here comes BLACK FRIDAY. My adorable fiance' works at a local TV station and he always gets all the dirt, not only locally but nationally. It makes for good party conversation (when he actually makes it to the party and doesn't have some random concert to attend). Well, apparently this year on Black Friday, some Walmart in Michigan or some other crazy cold state had a gaggle, thats right I said it- a gaggle, of people outside, well before dawn, just waiting to get their hands on that $2 DVD player. The doors opened, people trampled other people, stepping on poor Myrtles and Harolds older than our grandparents, just to score a hot deal. Another Walmart, I think in a warmer climate where Christmas decorations consist of Santa hats on pink flamingos and ornaments on palm trees, had an instance where a security gaurd maced a whole crowd because of their need for speed.

I went out shopping one year and one year only on Black Friday. The only reason was because Kristen's mother worked at the mall and I could get in line before any of the marathon running idiots at the door. Granted, I was there when she had to be at 4 am or something outlandish. But, hey! That $5 Furby was worth it! After about an hour of that nonsense, I was out of there.

It's no wonder this is not only the season for decking the halls, but filling the medicine cabinet with antacid, prozac and a loaded gun. Most heartburn, suicides and robberies happen between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.

I am a huge fan of Halloween. Any holiday after just gives me a nice vacation at home.

6 comments:

Tam said...

But I'm happy with the size of my penis...I'll keep this link up for those who might need a little boost. SIT DOWN BRIAN!

Stephanie said...

How cute is that baby? I can't stand it!

I like that all four penis links are to the same site. Like "Hmm... penis enlargement doesn't appeal to me but penis pills... that does. I think I'll click that link."

Kristen said...

I only went shopping on one Black Friday as well. But I went ot JoAnn Fabrics. What? Who does that? I spent $100 on plastic, glitter covered fruit and candles.

Michelle said...

With that cap, her outfit should read: "I'm a little 'G'". For Christmas, she should wear one that reads: "I'm a little ham." She is so delish!
Black Friday is for putting up the tree and fighting with your father over lights. Christmas Eve is for the gung-ho shopping. Isn't that right, Tam?

Mo-Pie said...

Very cute Tam...

After working in retail (Millcreek Mall) for 7 years... I've never came across a Penis Enlargement Store quite as good as the links above.

I hope you know that I really didn't click on any of the links... really, I didn't.

As for shopping, the only time I would go on Black Friday is if I lived walking distance from the nearest mall or said Penis Enlargement Pills Store.

Tam said...

Im thinking, why would you buy the "Penis Enlargement Pills" when you can just purchase the "BEST Penis Enlargement Pills"?

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.