Thursday, November 03, 2005

Remember What Bob Barker Says

A few weeks ago, I was taking my usual route home and I noticed a dog crossing the boulevard in the other lane. I was all slowing down waiting for him to get to my side when this crazy ass Toyota Camry (or maybe a Hummer...who can tell anymore?) comes flying down the road, warp speed. Obviously, there was no time for that jackass to notice the poor pup and he/she ran it over. Not that I'd want to go into detail about that moment that keeps playing over in my head, but I wanted to let you all know that its possible that little pound puppy is alright. He took a ride on the wheel, once around and then, if he could have spoken, might have said "nah, I'm cool" because that's how he walked away...all pimp like that. I would have stopped but the Toyota Hummer had found the brakes and turned around to make sure the dog was in deed, still able to mack that shit. So here's to you, pup- internal injuries and all. I wonder if it had anything to do with Kristen not writing a page of her book that day. Think of the damn puppies, Kristen!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

A few weeks ago Ray and I were driving through the ghetto when we saw a toy poodle jsut strolling aound the streets with no one to care for him. We debated taking him home but I said that 1. He was very well groomed and had likely just gotten out and 2. I didn't want my pups catching his "street diseases".

Tam said...

Were you off to White Castle again?

Kristen said...

No!

Rachel said...

The story of that dog reminds me of the Dane Cook material on his "Retaliation" album about seeing a guy get hit by a car: "He tried to walk it off all embarassed like he didn't just get hit by a car." Ha.

Tam said...

You know how you can hear a voice on the radio or whatever and be disappointed when you finally see what the person looks like? Lets just say I was not disappointed with Dane Cook.

Michelle said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! "Kristen and Ray go to White Castle" Ahhh...that was funny. Anyone, anyone?

Kristen said...

Awwww snap Michelle! Brian just schooled you!

Michelle said...

*Sniff* I feel all salty now.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.