Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Get That Tree A Tampon


Fall is my favorite season. I love the temperature, the colors, the sounds. Halloween is my favorite holiday as well, but mostly because its evil. The only thing I don't like about Fall is that it only lasts a few weeks, especially in Erie and that it always brings Winter. I know there are a lot of idiots out there that will defend Winter and its icy wrath, but thankfully they will soon find I've put a gypsy curse on them and no, Cortaid won't help that leprosy (more about my gypsy heritage to come in a future post). Fall makes me feel so creative. I love writing on my laptop, sitting outside of Starbucks in downtown Erie with my hot Chai and watching all the people going by, some looking for cans, some selling their bodies. I love my Fall wardrobe as well. I think my favorite article of clothing is a pair of jeans and I could wear them every day in the Fall. You can match them with anything (a sweater, a tank top, a whip). And for some odd reason, you'll find me outside in the Fall more than any other season, collecting acorns so all the squirrels don't have any. A few years ago, I even wanted to name my first born girl after it: Autumn Rain. Then I stopped dropping acid. I think the main reason why I would never move too far south is because I would miss the changing of the leaves so much. Who wants to jump in a pile of sand? And what would be the point of Halloween without the crunch of leaves beneath you while you get beat up for your bag of candy? Plus all the annoying little rodents start hiding in their holes to hibernate, like that old guy down the street with the cane. Good old Mr. Abernathy. Cortaid won't help him either. Probably the best thing about Fall is that is when I met Matt, and I was wearing the whip with my jeans that night. This is why I like Fall.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww...I smelled the grapes today driving into town; I can't wait to smell the leaves, too.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/170/1434/1600/witch.jpg

Ron said...

So you actually use that laptop now? Does it work ok on the Starbucks wireless network at all?

J.R.

Kristen said...

Dude, first of all, I am posting at 8:24 a.m. Do your siblings just cruise your blog all night waiting to make the first comments? Michele? JR? Calm down.

I actually thought you were making fun of people who sit at Starbucks and use their laptops. In fact, I'm still not sure you're serious. Are you serious? I'm confused! You know JK Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter at cafes. Maybe you could write a childrens book series based on your gypsy heritage.

Tam said...

"My name is Ulga. My parents and I travel around the country with a carnival. Some people call us gypsies. This is Carnie Bob. Sometimes he lends me a smoke. If someone treats my family disrespectfully, my Dad will put something on them called a curse. This could mean anything from tripping down the stairs to a slow death in a burning buliding. The best thing about being a gypsy is being able to ride any ride I want as many times as I want, and having a baby at 11. Who needs a doll from the store when you can have your own?...."

Tam said...

Kristen- I never minded people on their laptops. Just as long as I dont have to hear them reading what they wrote out loud. That is not proper Starbucks etiquette. And posting first isn't a competition! Damn.

JR- Ok, to be honest, I was sitting on my ass at home when I wrote that. I haven't been to Starbucks with my laptop because its too heavy to move off the floor, considering its 30 years old and the battery only lasts 5 minutes. So technically, it will NEVER be wireless. And like I don't know who you are! Why did you sign your name? You is one crazy Mofo.

Michelle- I also cannot wait for the smell of leaves...unless they are a huge wet pile that smells like ass. The worst is when you jump in without knowing.

Michelle said...

Kristin- I have no life. (Obviously)
John Ross- Hook the girl up wif a fly laptop already!
Tame- I thought you loved the smell of ass!

Jenson said...

well i have put two and two together and have come up with the conclusion that you are ron's sister...

... but the reason I am posting is that you are a good writer and reading your blog was fun :)

Michelle said...

By the way, Kristen, Michelle is not spelled with one "L". Thank you. By the way again, I do love your blog also and the comments section, too. Always a good time.

Kristen said...

Oh come on! If you can spell my name with an i and I don't flip out, surely you can pass over the forgetting of an l.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.