Monday, August 29, 2005

I Believe You Have My Stapler

I'm coming up on my nine year anniversary as a nanny. There are some days I wish I could be behind my desk, wrapped up in a tiny cubicle, and have actual co-workers who try and scam the company pennies at a time or throw office parties where someone always gets left out on the cake. But then there are other days, like today, where I realize I have a pretty kick ass job.

Today, our outing was the Erie Zoo. It wasn't much to behold a few years ago, but now they have this amazing children's area that we could spend at least two hours in every visit. One of the greatest attractions is the "Wings of Wonder" cage where you walk through and birds fly over and sometimes fly ON you. If you are at all freaked out by the movie Birds or have an aversion to being shit on, don't visit. But I thought I'd take a chance. I'm pretty used to being saturated in fluids by now.

These are the 5 girls I nanny...Bottom from left: Jane (6), Catherine (5), Julia (5). Top from left: Tam, Brit, Emily (8), Payton (8). The polar bears are in the background giving each other pleasure again.









In the Wings of Wonder, Julia was a bird magnet. It was like Snow White in the woods. The damn things came right over to her and started pecking at her leopard print spots, then one shit--er hopped on her head...And stayed there.




I wish I could have taken a picture of the fear on Julia's face when she realized these things weren't coming off without a fight. "How do I get these things off!?!," she said in her little munchkin voice to the bird chick. She had to jump more than a few times and finally they moved on to some branch.


This is Lauren, a friend of the girls. I just wanted to put another extremely photogenic child on my blog. And as you can see with her sister Morgan in the background, it runs in the family. I'm pretty sure these children were bought on the black market. Although Julia and Emily might be animatronic.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The sheer beauty of those children. Part of the reason I won't have kids is they would grow up in resentment and anger towards unnaturally attractive people like Jane.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.