Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'd Blow The Sandman For A Little Rest



"Who needs sleep? Well you're never gonna get it.
Who needs sleep? Tell me what's that for?
Who needs sleep? Be happy with what you're getting.
There's a guy who's been awake since the 2nd World War."



I am so tired. I remember our first night home. I woke up every time Britain squeaked in fear she was drowning in her own vomit or that her face was pressed up against the side of the bassinet. I'd shoot up off the bed, peer over the side of her's and see that she was just dreaming, or pooping, or breathing. And then I became every typical first time mother. I don't remember the last time I had more than 5 hours sleep at a time. I could pack for a summer trip in Montreal with the bags under my eyes. What's really going to be fun is starting back to work and having to be out of the house, Brit in tow, by 7:30. You see, I was being sarcastic there.

One great thing for you: Me having a newborn means short and sweet posts most of the time because there's always something she needs or wants.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

"Biore skin care products, for fresher, younger looking skin."

Tam said...

I was asleep when I took that picture of myself.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.