Friday, May 16, 2008

30 Is The New 21

I think some people find it hard to hit the big 3-0. Why? What really is it but just another year older? So, if I don't feel old at 30, when WILL I feel old? I guess it doesn't help that I look 12, or that I'm the baby girl of the family, or that I still slide down slides or that all of my skirts are above the knee. It just always made me wonder why people get depressed about their 30th birthday.

I'm excited, especially since now I can go to Baybreeze, that 30 and over club downtown!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That phrase, "You're as young as you feel." is truth. I am fifty something and I still slide down slides, splash in an occasional puddle, and all-in-all try to enjoy life. Its strange but for me~ thirties, forties, fifties so far, have been pretty much the same. You really don't feel any different. Keep active. Keep thinking. Keep playing. Spread peace and happiness and it will come back to you tenfold! Enjoy Baybreeze. Let's hope we all have many more moments that take our breath away.

Jillian said...

Wished I was there, instead of camping on my couch with my Milano cookies crying over Dan in Real Life......Lame

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.