Monday, February 04, 2008

Growth And Reflection

Well, this is the year I and all of my friends from high school turn 30. We went out over the weekend for Jeannette's birthday in Erie for .75 cent shots and $1.00 drinks. It's really amazing to think back on when we all first met 18 years ago. Some of my best friends in high school were some of my least favorite people in grade and middle school, but we quickly formed our group and stayed pretty well in touch since.


Matt's 27th birthday is coming up on Valentine's Day. He and I had a discussion today about birthdays and growing older and such. He hates being reminded he's getting old. He can't stand the fact that it will all inevitably end and that every day you're one more day older than the day before. I, on the other hand, embrace the fact that I know a little bit more today than yesterday. I like to think about me at age 40 or 60 and what I might accomplish, where I may be, how many vacations I may take, what Britain will look like and act like and which people she will choose to surround herself. I love to think of Matt and I all old and comfy and taking trips to out of the way places because we've seen everything else. I hope I'm happy and the triumphs well outweigh the tragedy. I hope I'm still the life of the party and the one friend you still talk to. I hope I'm just as excited about growing older with grace.
And I hope my friends and I are still all celebrating our milestone birthdays.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Aww...Brit looks so cute holding that bottle of booze. Oh, wait...that's you. Wrong post. ;)

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.