Thursday, May 17, 2007

Diet Coke Should Be Illegal

Now that my 30 vices in 30 days is up, it's so weird to start doing some of them again.

"Oh, shit. I swore."

But ahhh, that Diet Coke with lime, sometimes rum included? That was the light at the end of the tunnel. Just when I thought I was out, it pulled me back in.

I weighed myself three times today. Though I've lost a few pounds, it's because I've been working at it and not because I hadn't stepped on a scale for the past month. Also because I've been getting off my butt instead of hanging out on the tv and computer.

But you know where my ass was this morning at 5 am! I got caught up on 30 shows, all the past Ellens from the last two weeks and a miniseries. Britain fended for herself. I mean, I'VE gone a day without eating before. Why can't she?

On another note, thank you all so much for all the birthday wishes, texts, emails, comments, presents, cards, e-cards and phone calls yesterday. I told everyone it felt like a national holiday. It seems like everyone remembered my birthday...even my neighbor! It really meant a lot to me. Especially the cash. I plan to use it at Coventina Day Spa on Monday with Jillian (I mean, can you believe these EYEBROWS?). One of the best presents I received was a DVD collection of my VHS tapes from high school that Matt made for me. I had one of my 17th birthday party with all my childhood friends that both sickened me and made me roar with laughter. I think that may explain a lot of individual's childhoods.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you made out like a bandit this year. Everyone usually forgets my birthday, so I've just become accustomed to it. This year, I get to spend the whole day on train (yay for me)!

Wanna share some of that cash with me? I knew you would...

P.S. You complain about your eyebrows too much. Hush up!

Kristen said...

I think your eyebrows and my eyebrows should have a battle.

MrsTito said...

Diet Coke is my crack. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night craving one so bad it hurts.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.