Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Crush On Crumbs

I know you'll make fun of me. And you won't be the first. But I've had a crush on Fred Savage for over 15 years. I've seen every movie he's been in (even that cheesy made-for-tv movie where he beat up Candace Cameron), own a few he's starred in and even have three or four VHS tapes of The Wonder Years from when they first aired. I even have the SNL, starring him, where he and Dana Carvey were duo church ladies (classic!).

When I was younger, my wall was covered with Fred. He was all over my books and locker. Yes, I even had one over my bed. Most of my friends were crazy about Chad Allen or Kirk Cameron, but they never really appealed to me more than Fred Savage. Maybe because I was known to like the less-liked? Maybe it was another way to stand out? But I have to admit, it still catches my eye when I see a blurb about him on a "Where Are They Now" show or I Love The 90's.

So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I heard he was going to be starring in a new sitcom! Crumbs starts Thursday night on ABC. Its obviously an older, more closed character than "Kevin Arnold" of The Wonder Years. And as "Mitch Crumb", he'll also be playing a GAY man with a screwed up mother, played by Jane Curtin!

I'm trying not to get my hopes way up, since almost every show I've watched this season has been cancelled, but I really can't wait to watch (TIVO, rewind, pause, dream about) Crumbs. I think its great he's back and I've always liked his comic timing. He's been acting in major roles since 1986 and after Wonder Years ended, he took a break and attended college before he tried TV again with the show Working in 1997. It wasn't great, even in my opinion. But this show looks promising. This could be a hit. This could make that little Jewish boy shine again.

And I don't care what Dave says, I'm not a child molester.

8 comments:

Jenson said...

I too like Fred and enjoy folling his career. I hope this show is awesome!

Tam said...

Shannon, I too was let down with "Emily". Some of her lines were just dreadful. I haven't watched Crumbs yet, but I have it on Tivo waiting for just the right moment. I have too much laundry and errands to do today.

Tam said...

And I think Chad Allen has developed Down's Syndrome. I didn't think it was possible to gain that extra chromosone after conception but by looking at his pictures as an adult, I see that it is so.

Kristen said...

I didn't get who Chad Allen was until I clicked on your link and lo and behold he's in that weird tribal people movie I keep seeing commercials for. He looks more like his face has been squished heigth-wise than he has downs syndrome. Ray and I watched Crumbs last night and felt it had some pretty good potential.

Mr. Bebout said...

I liked Fred on the short lived office comedy. Who can recall the name. I think it was cut before it had a chance.

Tam said...

Dave, that was Working. I mentioned it. You DID like it? Maybe I should have given it a better chance. But as far as his new show...I think it DOES have potential as Kristen and Ray would agree. I think he might be a little outshined by his older brother character, but as he fleshes it out he'll once again be the star of a great show. You know how shitty pilots always are anyway. Jane Curtin was also a smash!

Stacy Cane said...

Did he ever get to hook up with Winnie?

Tam said...

He did, that little whore.

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.