Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Onwy Hephy Snaggs



I'm a real hypocrite, as most parents are. How many times have I told the girls "only healthy snacks" or "too much junk will rot your teeth" or "you don't need chocolate chips on your pancakes" and I'm sneaking a moon pie in the basement, pretending to be doing laundry?

Yelled down to me from the first floor: "TAM!!!!! Can I have a banana?"

Trying to conceal the mass amount of food in my mouth "NO!!! You dushed had a snaggh" as chocolate is spewing from my mouth onto the white load.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm actually more surprised they didn't figure it out; usually they always do. They come to the basement meekly and say, "Hey whatcha eatin'?" You know the rest.

Kristen said...

If I'm not mistaken, you are eating a chicken sandwich from the microwave in that photo while I ate sausage that had been in a crock pot for a conservatively guessed length of "since yesterday", all this at a bar that charges $2.50 for a double captain and coke, so you do eat healthy sometimes.

Tam said...

She told me my chicken was from the crockpot, so where did they get your sausauge? Grade A Choice Meat! I just remember the train whistles being heard during kareoke because the bar was THAT close to the tracks.

Kristen said...

The wrong side of the tracks! *snarfle*

Kristen said...

A little bit, you look like Pommes Frites in this photo when you put your hand in his dish of food to make sure he isn't too aggressive and he holds himself in check, but you know he wants to bite your hand.

Kristen said...

It's the curls is what it is. and the tear stains. And Brian my sweet, it's "prey" in this instance, not "pray" unless Tam circling her hands clasped and calling to the gods...

Tam said...

I was so hungry that night. I remember the hunger pangs like it was yesterday. And Chicken In A Crock Pot sounded like it would/could...maybe, possibly hit the spot. All right. Thats all they had besides stale pretzels.

Kristen said...

Umm, they had sausage too if you recall!

A nanny since 1996, I'm tired of washing nipples that aren't mine.